Friday, May 7, 2010

Loas and back

Nathan and I made our way to Loas the other day to extend our Thailand visa for another 15 days. We planned to stay there for 2 nights to see the sights and shop a bit but after Nathan got ripped off getting his haircut, we decided to cut he trip short to just one night and then head back here to Thailand. Since there was no prices listed, Nathan thought the barber would be cheap but when he went to pay, the guy asked him for 50,000 Kip which is about $8. Sounds cheap but every other barber we noticed after was charging 25,000 Kip. So we were not too pleased after this experience. I went back to the barbers sign and took it down with hopes that he does not get any more business that day! Everyone drives a nice truck in Laos and we didn't want to give them any more of our money. We were happy to be back in Thailand where the people are friendlier and honest.
Tonight, we head to Bangkok on the bus and arrive early in the morning to drop off our full bags then are heading south. Our first stop will be PKK. Not sure what the shopping will be like so I am getting some shopping done tonight. Even though I have 23 bras in total, I will buy maybe 6 more tonight. At $1 each, this has been the best deal I have seen. I won't buy any more pants though as out of the 4 I bought, only one pair fit me well. You can't always try clothes on in Thailand so its the chance you take. I am a bigger than most Thai woman. Good thing the pants were only $6 each. There may be 2 more purses I buy tonight too that I had seen at he market before.
I am hoping for some beach time in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Did you guys learn your lesson about getting haircuts over there LOL Have a good time the last half of your vacation! XO

    ReplyDelete