Friday, April 23, 2010

Bangkok

I thought I should write about our 3 night stay in Bangkok at the start of our trip since I finally figured out how to make a new post.
When we landed down in Vancouver, the first of our three flights, my ears were in extreme pain from the pressure and because of my cold I could not hear from either ears so I saw a doctor in the Vancouver airport just to make sure I was okay. As it turns out, I was okay and it was because of my cold that the pressure to my ears was so painful. After the 25 hours of travel, we landed in Bangkok and headed straight to the Swiss Hotel, our slurge for this trip. Since I was not feeling well and jet lagged, I slept from noon till the next day while Nathan enjoyed the gym and pool at the hotel. By the next day, I was feeling better and sat by the pool all day. For our third night, we were back at White Lodge hotel by MBK SHopping Mall. 450 Baht ($13.50) for an a/c room. Not the best room but a good deal for Bangkok. We walked around MBK and walked to the train station to find out the schedule. On our way there, we were splashed with water and white powder in celebration of the Thai New Year. The festivities in Bangkok were not big this year because of the protests going on by the red shirts. We were told to stay away from Central World as this is where the protests were taking place and where the riots and demonstrations had occured.
We were glad to get out of Bangkok and head to Ayuttaya the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment